Confession of a Nomad

Wednesday, February 17, 2016 Heba Moeen 4 Comments


Confession of a Nomad

 One day I will disappear,
and no one will know where ...
Engulfed in my lonely exile,
I shall befriend nature and let silence be my guide.
The mountains will be my home,
calming down the turbulence within.
The sky will be the ally of my very soul,
with abundant stars to confide in.
I'll clear away my trail,
in pursuit of peace and perseverance ...
and be ready to be swept away by the sweet gale,
that unlocks the Earth's fragrance.
A part of me is found in all the places I have visited,
yet I am lost.
Despite the scattered parts of my soul,
I continue drifting aloft ...
 

You Might Also Like

4 comments:

  1. Very well written - more beautiful than the poem is your hand writing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Muntazir,

      Thank you for the appreciation and for taking time out to land on my blog.
      Have a nice day. :)

      Delete
  2. Loved this poem Hiba! Your imagery is brilliant. It took me right to that place. Keep writing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Nayab! Wouldn't it be great if we actually get to visit such places often? :)

      Delete